28 July 2024

Fresh Goods Sunday - USE Ultimate DURO Carbon Seatpost - 400mm x 27.2mm x 10mm layback ULTDURO400272C

 


I only really use USE and Thomson seatposts now on all of my bikes. I bought this model when I bought my Creo 2 gravel bike as I kept my original USE Ti Duro seatpost in my Creo 1 gravel. It was time for a change so ordered a second USE Carbon Duro 400mm x 27.2mm post with a standard 7mm x 7mm clamp. They are hard to get hold of now but Tweeks and Winstanleys still sell them and direct from USE themselves but its full rrp. 
The swap over was simple enough, remove my saddle bag, loosen the seat collar clamp and pull the post from the frame, clean everything down. Remove the saddle and refit onto the new post. Carbon paste on the shaft at the bottom, up to the clamp height. I also added some ParkTool grease to the seat post clamp surfaces and copper slip to the bolt to stop any potential squeaking. As ever the standard of finish is spot on and the stealth graphics I like. Adjust the height of the saddle, adjust the angle of the saddle and adjust the saddle on the rails for the correct reach to the stem. I write down what mine are for every bike I have and most are very similar. Refit the saddle bag and the bike is ready to rock n roll again. USE have loads of different models from Alu, carbon, Ti and suspension in loads of different diameters and lengths. Customer service is normally ok if you have any problems and they are UK based. 

RRP £80.00 and I paid £64.00 inc free next day delivery from Tweeks Cycles. Discount 20%.

Manufacturers Blurb - 

The Ultimate Duro is made to be strong, light and durable; this 10mm layback post is designed using the most up to date composites and computer aids to create the carbon best lay ups to ensure this post does everything you need from hard hitting and flowing trails.

*Supplied with standard 7x7mm clamp. Other size clamps to fit oval carbon rails are available. Please see the saddle manufacturers measurement, if the rails are wrapped please check the measurements are still valid.

  • Material: Carbon
  • Length: 300mm / 400mm
  • Diameter: 27.2mm / 30.9mm / 31.6mm
  • Setback: 10mm
  • Finish: 3K Matt
  • Weight: 174g – 217g












No comments:

Post a Comment