12 July 2024

Back out on my bike - rain has finally stopped - Creo 2 gravel

 


Don't worry I am still in the land of living! It has been just over two weeks since I have been out on my bike. I have had several flu's, the last two were nearly back to back. I was on election duties which took me 3-4 days to recover from general tiredness / fatigue. The weather has been crap and just generally run down and no mojo. I was up and out very early this morning as it was dry and the rain has finally stopped. It did feel good to get back out again and you don't realise what you have missed until you get back out in the fresh air again. I thought I would have been struggling so picked a flat route on County Durham's old railway lines so not much climbing, easier on my lungs. There was a few others out n about but not many. There was a really cold stiff wind and the Garmin was reading just above 9 degrees! I had on my long sleeved summer jersey with my winter gilet and base layer on my top half. I even picked out my old winter socks to keep my toes a little warmer. The miles just seemed to keep flowing and managed just over 28 in the end. Climbing was just under 900ft, I took my Creo 2 gravel bike and had no problems what so ever. Below are a few snaps from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon- 















No comments:

Post a Comment