27 July 2024

A longer and sunnier gravel ride - towards Parkhead n back

 


Finally managed to see a half descent sunrise and the sun kept on shining. It was an out n back route along the old railway lines of Co Durham from Langley Park all the way up to Consett then turned left and headed towards Parkhead. I had a massive headwind all the way and by the time I reached the last carpark area before crossing the last open moor section I turned and headed back down. The descent was fast and I hardly touched the pedals! It was lovely and quiet and I hardly seen a sole early doors. Once back at Langley Park I thought I would make the most of the dry and dusty conditions and continued straight on to Broom Park picnic area then straight on again to the road crossing between Ushaw Moor and New Brancepth. I turned here and headed back to Langley Park from there, again with a headwind. My legs were feeling it by now but I managed just over 42 miles in 3hrs 1min and 1600ft of climbing. Below are a few snaps and a short video clip from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon-


























No comments:

Post a Comment