2 August 2024

A very warm short ride through to Sunderland Bridge / Hett / Spennymoor - Specialized Creo 1 update - gear problems.

 


Well what a week of fantastic weather with some heat, sun, wind, a few rain showers but hey. I had planned on taking my Creo 1 gravel out for a spin as I have been spending sometime adjusting the rear mech as the gears were just not indexing properly on the cassette. I have had a few quick goes before adjusting the cable tension but it was never a 100%. After a few more rides this week it was still not right so washed the bike and degreased the drivetrain, sat down and had another go. This time I re adjusted both the top and bottom limit screws even though the bike was going in top and bottom, I re adjusted the cable tension and it seems to be changing a lot smoother now. I had gone to Infinity cycles for a new rear mech hanger but they gave me a replacement for my Creo 2 not the Creo 1, different hanger! Oh and I had to fit a new Panaracer GravelKing tyre to the front wheel as the bead blew out and luckily it was not out on the trails. 
I had looked at changing the rear mech and shifter but that was last resort. I have a new chain, front chainring and cassette in my spare stock ready to go on as well. I am also going to change back the handlebars to the same model but without the flare when I change the bar tape as its too much of a chew on removing and refitting the tape. The new USE Carbo Duo seatpost is also spot on. 
Anyway after all the work I had done days ago on the bike I forgot to give it a re charge and my range extender battery was in my van which Jane had at work so decided to take the Creo 2 out and put the Creo 1 on charge. 
The sun was in and out but is was very warm but the stiff breeze kept me cooler on the ride. The roads were quiet and so was the old railway lines. They are still bone dry and dusty even with the couple of heavy rain showers we have had. Not sure if it was me or the bike or the headwind but felt like I was going backwards for most of the ride! All in just over 14 miles in 1hr 5mins with nearly 800ft of climbing. Below are a few snaps from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon- 











New parts waiting to go onto the Creo 1 or have been fitted. 






No comments:

Post a Comment