11 August 2024

Finally back out on the Creo 1 road bike for a Durham Villages loop

 


Finally a cracking weekend of weather here in  the North East of England. Yesterday we had a day out to Alston where we jumped onto the steam train to Slaggyford and had a walk back to Alston, 4.5 miles. After lunch we had a walk up to the town, around the shops then back down to the station. The drive over and back was also spot on with some fantastic clear views over the dales and moors. 
Today I decided to drag my Creo 1 road bike out for a spin. Looking back on Garmin it is 12 weeks today since I last been out on the roads! far too long. I did one of my loops which I call the Durham Villages route as I worked in most of the villages I pass through when I was a younger lad in my days. The traffic was lovely and quiet at 7am on a Sunday with the sun blazing away. It did not tale long for the temperature to rise from 11 to 17 degrees. It did cloud over for a while which made it more bearable for me. There was no wind at all compared to yesterday hike where we were touched 35mph gusts. The bike went well and only had a couple of close passes by idiots! Once back home I gave the bike a wash and nocked off three months of dust, charged it up and squirted some new fresh Stan's into the tyres. More on this in todays Fresh Goods Sunday @ 4pm. All in 31.3  miles in 2hrs 4mins with 1800ft of climbing. Below  are a few snaps from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon- 









No comments:

Post a Comment