7 August 2024

Spin down to Sunderland / C2C and back up

 


Another day and another ride in. I had to go to Chester Le Street this morning for a few bits n bobs so parked up at South Pelaw and joined onto the old railway line / C2C at the Lambton Worm. They have finished patching the track and I have never seen stretches of patching like it in my life. You have ramps either end of the patch, totally crazy. Anyway I headed down towards Sunderland and it was all quiet. I was up early and seen a beautiful sunrise for around five minutes then it clouded over. It was not warm and a very strong head wind all the way down towards Sunderland. Nothing really new down this section to speak of apart from the new footbridge going in at Sunderland and the last section of track is still closed with an awful diversion. 
It was still overcast and cloudy coming back up with the Garmin was still reading 12 degrees. Once I was near Birtley the sun decided to come out for the last half mile so I decided to keep on going further up towards Beamish way. I turned and headed back down to South Pelaw and it clouded over again. The bike is going well shame about me, I was struggling the whole ride and there was nothing in my legs, weird feeling to be honest. 
Below are a few snaps from the ride. All in 27 miles in 2hr 5mins with 1100ft of climbing. Enjoy and hopefully more soon -   





















No comments:

Post a Comment