20 February 2022

Trip out to South Shields and some bike cleaning

 


After a pretty crap week at work it was time to have a spin out to the coast. The forecast was not the best but we left in sunshine and no wind. We got parked up and had a walk up the town. First off I had a breakfast in Morrisons café then we walked up the high street for some shopping. We dropped the shopping back off at the car before walking down to the pier then right along the beach and back. We stopped and had a lovely cuppa from the kiosk in one of the carparks. There was very little wind and did not feel that cold even when it clouded over. South Shields town and beach was very quiet, if fact it was quietest I have seen it for many years. Not sure where everybody was but we one seen one cyclists as well. 



After a couple of real dirty road rides I always give the bike a wash and dry but noticed it was not a 100% clean so I decided to spend an hour giving a full deep clean and buff whist it was lashing down outside and sunny in my man cave. I use my very old Stork Carbo' Clean. It leaves a looking sheen to matt paint / carbon finishes. Read more about it HERE. I use it after I have washed and dried the bike squirting some into a microfibre cloth and rubbing it evenly over the surfaces and letting dry before buffing off with a dry cloth. Storck still produce their range of bike care / cleaning products - HERE but not sure if they are imported into the UK anymore. 




Also I have took the plunge on a rather expensive purchase for the Creo bikes - more on this soon but I already have two pairs and this will be my third pair! More on this after they arrive, hopefully some time this week. Just waiting for Madison's to post them to the shop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment