13 February 2022

Fresh Goods Sunday - Specialized Zee Cage II LT Side Loading (left) bottle cage

 


When i bought my first Specialized Creo I then bought a second battery back up bottle which comes with a Zee cage. I fitted this to the seat tube and holds the battery perfectly with the rubber strap /band. When I bought my second Creo I needed a second Zee cage for the seat tube to hold the battery when on longer road rides. Bike Scene had one in stock so they fitted it at the time of purchasing the bike. I then fitted another bottle cage to my down tube to hold my water bottle. When I was placing an order with Sigma Sports I come across this one with a flash of red on the cage so thought that would addd a little colour to the bike. When it arrived the red flash turns out to have a hint of fluro dark orange’ish colour in it. So I then swapped the cages over and fitted my standard black Zee cage to the down tube so I now had a matching pair of cages, apart from the colour! The cage is again spot on for holding the battery in place and when I don't have the battery fitted I now have a 450ml storage bottle in. After a few rides I found the Zee on the down tube not as easy to get a water bottle in and out whilst riding so swapped it over for my Lightweight cage from my Cannondale Black Inc I no longer ride the bike. The design is more for full sus mtb frames where you pull the bottle out from the side now and again for a drink. 

RRP £17.00 and I paid £12.00 from Sigma Sports - Discount 29% (inc free 48hr p&p as part of a larger order). 

Manufacturers blurb - 

The Zee Cage II has incredible holding power, and it's compatible with SWAT™ solutions for tool and storage integration. For easy bottle access, we also gave it a unique side-loading design that allows you take pulls from the left-hand side.

  • SWAT™-compatible design allows for storage and tool integration.
  • Reinforced composite material improves durability without adding weight.
  • Side-loading design allows for secure bottle retention with easy in-and-out accessibility for frames with a compact bottle mounting area.
  • Left-hand loading on the down tube—right-hand loading on the seat tube.
  • Sleek, minimalist design with razor-sharp graphics.
  • Accepts SWAT™ Cage Mount MTB Tool.
  • Accepts MTB SWAT™ Box (when used on compatible frames).
  • Weight: 43g











No comments:

Post a Comment