15 February 2022

A local spin around the wet n muddy railway lines

 


After yesterdays near continuous rain and the heavy rain first thing this morning the tracks n trails are not bone dry or dusty anymore! Its back to freezing cold, black cutting paste as I call it, not to mention the puddles and muddy sections. Well I have discovered that my Pirelli Cinturato Gravel M 650b x 50mm tyres are lethal in anything too wet and mud deeper than 1/4" deep. I might look to swapping my tyres back over to my spares which have an mtb based tread design. The ride was of two halves, first half was overcast and freezing cold, the second half the sun came out and so did the wind. It was a straight forward local 19 mile loop, mainly using the old railway lines, back roads etc. 
Below are a few photos from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon- 

















No comments:

Post a Comment