25 February 2022

New Bling week - DT Swiss, Continental, Sunrace & Shimano parts

 


Well the boxes of bling landed on Monday from Fawkes Cycles - DT Swiss HGC 1400 Spline Hybrid Boost 650b / 27.5" Wheelset. These have the same rim profile as my 700c version of the same wheel. I have took my rotors and cassette off my Creo road bike and fitted them to these wheels. 



I also ordered a couple of new 27.5" x 2.0" tubeless tyres. I have fitted my old Specialized Fast Trak 2.0" tyre to the front and the new Conti Cross King 2.0" to the rear. 





A new Sunrace MX8 11 speed 11-42t cassette also landed this week, just waiting for a new pair of Shimano RT-MT900 160mm disc rotors. Not sure when they are going to land, ordered them from Singletrack Cycles 8 days ago. These are going onto my DT Swiss road wheels, I have some spare Ultegra rotors for the time being. 


Also when I gave my road Creo a good clean last week I noticed the tread on the rear tyre is down and starting to form a flat middle section. There is some sealant leaking from various points as well. I will swap them front to back to get some more miles out of them but I have ordered some new Panaracer Gravelking Slick+ TLC 700c x 35mm black. This is a newer model than my current tan wall 32mm ones. 

No comments:

Post a Comment