20 February 2022

Fresh Goods Sunday - Cannondale Knurltack Bar Tape - Red

 


If you have followed my blog over the years you will have noticed I have the same bar tape fitted to all my drop bar bikes - Cannondale Synapse 3.5mm but it was discontinued a few years ago. I had a spare set in my stock but when that was used up I could not get hold of anymore. 
Cannondale have finally decided to take out a new range of after market bar tape with four different models. The replacement to the Synapse model is now called Suedecush and is 4mm thick, only comes in black with an rrp of £19. 
I also had a look at the other three models and fancied trying out the Knurltack tape. It has a gel silicone core and is 3mm thick so should be comfortable on my road set up. It comes in three different colour options  - black, white and red. As my road Creo has splashes of red on some parts I thought why not try the full on, in your face red. The tape is lovely to fit as it has some strech to it but not too much, wrapping / over lapping / sticking to the bars was a joy compared to some other tapes I have fitted over the years. It has got a tacky feel to the surface and remains tacky even in the wet. It has got a different feel to my old Synapse tape where I slide my hands / gloves around more, with it being tacky you have to lift your hands off a little more to move around on the bars. There is not quite as much comfort but still feels ok after a good ride on the silky smooth roads around County Durham NOT. It is great valve for money in my eyes as it has been reduced even further at the time of writing this (£18 less Top Cash Back). 
If anybody knows who manufactures the tape for Cannondale leave a message below. 

RRP £25 and I paid £19.42 from Sigma Sports - Discount 22.5%. Part of a larger order so no p&p

Manufacturers blurb -

More comfort, more control.

Advanced three-part construction is used to create a supple, durable tape with excellent vibration damping properties and a tacky all-weather finish.

Where it thrives

The open road, up and down hills

What it's built for

Comfort, control

Highlights

  • Lightweight EVA foam with a QuellGel silicone gel-layer provides an effective barrier against road-buzz for extra comfort
  • Thin polyurethane upper and knurled pattern provide grip in all weather / Includes: 2x tape rolls, lever strips, bar end-plugs, and finishing strips
  • Thickness: 3mm, length: 200cm, weight: 112g



















No comments:

Post a Comment