27 February 2022

Early Sunday morning spin along the old railway to Bishop n back

 


I fitted my new tyre to the rear wheel on Friday so the bike was ready for a spin. Still busy decorating so did not get out yesterday but the forecast was nice and sunny this morning but a cold wind. Well it sort of started off sunny but with a nearly 20mph Baltic freezing headwind it nearly killed me off going from Bearpark to Bishop along the old railway line. After a couple of miles the little sun that was out had gone. By the time I reached Willington I was going to turn n burn. Not sure what was up as I don't normally feel the cold like that and there was just noting in the legs. I looked towards Bishop way and the sun was trying so I kept on going. I got to the viaduct carpark, turned and headed back. Well it was like taking the handbrake off! it felt like I was flying along. The lines have dried up quite a lot and they were frozen in places. There was hardly a sole out n about apart from a few dog walkers. No problems what so ever with the new wheels but think I need to drop my tyre pressures down a little as it was bouncing in places. When I reached Meadowfield way the sun was blazing away, typical. Below are a few snaps from the 23.5 mile ride. I climbed 800ft with an aveage speed of only 12.4mph. Enjoy and hopefully more soon- 













No comments:

Post a Comment