14 November 2021

Local Sunday Morning road loop - Hedley Hill, Low Urpeth, Craghead, Burnhope - a few climbs

 


Last night I thought it was time to have a longer local road loop with a few climbs / high spots within a near range of home. The bike and my kit was all ready to grind a few k's out. The forecast was dry, overcast, cloudy, cool, no sun and no wind. Well they were nearly right but I had a drizzle shower up around Hedley Hill area and the rain started within 3 miles from home around Waldridge fell area. With going out around sunrise, not that there was one I though the roads were would be quiet on a Sunday morning but there was quite a bit of traffic and some idiots flying about. But then on the other hand I had other drivers holding back and passing with loads of room! I had both my font and rear lights on flashing mode for the whole ride due to the poor visibility. There is photo at the bottom of the blog with the route. All in I covered 41 miles in 2hrs 43mins with 3300ft of climbing and an ave speed of 15mph. I am pleased with that as I have not done any hilly'ish longer road rides in a while. 
Enjoy the photos below and hopefully more soon - 
















Oh forgot to mention, when I descending down through Chester Le Street  at the start of the ride I had some Stans spitting out of my front tyre but stopped after a minute or so. I did not leak again until I was up at Broom House farm, it must have unsealed and was spraying Stans out everywhere. It resealed again on the descent down to Witton Gilbert. I will have to have a look and see what has gone through the tyre. Possibly patch and top up the Stans and wash the bike! 



No comments:

Post a Comment