7 November 2021

Fresh Goods Sunday - Park Tool OM-1 Benchtop Overhaul Mat

 


I have been looking to buy one of these for many years since they were first launched. The rrp just keeps going up and up over the years so I finally decided to bight the bullet as they say. I keep it on my work bench in my garage and move it around to say the floor when I am repairing or servicing something on my bikes. I have used it a couple of times since buying it- greasing my spd pedals, changing disc pads, fitting my new chain. It keeps my tools, oil, lubricant off the carpet / floor and all in one place. I have not used to for what it is properly been designed for to overhaul / strip down a component part but that time will come. The mat is made from a very strong sticky rubber and has a very good feel to it. I can see it lasting a very long time. As I don't have much space it just the right size for me but Park tool have took out a newer larger / thinner model the om-2. This is a more flatter rubber mat with no compartments and is an eye watering £39.99 rrp. 

RRP £31.99 and I paid £24.74 inc p&p from the Wollyhatshop (ebay) - discount 23%

Manufacturers blurb - A great way to hold small parts, tools and components during a repair, the OM-1 features multiple small pockets and one large work area. Perfect for suspension work or to organize parts for installation.

  • Made of a rubber-like PVC
  • Cleans easily and looks great on any bench
  • Measures: 13.2" x 9.25" (335mm x 235mm)









  • This is the newer om-2 model to compare against the om-1. You can also inter link the om-2 to make them even bigger if required. 


    No comments:

    Post a Comment