2 November 2021

Frosty but sunny 40 miler up to Parkhead n back

 


It has finally stopped raining in Co Durham and the wind has died down, well apart from the tops. I set off  before sunrise and the puddles along the railway line from Bearpark to Consett had an icy top to them. The grass was white and the Garmin dipped down to minus -2.4 degrees! I was prepared with my full winter kit on inc my Northwave Goretex spd boots. Once I was out of Lanchetster the sun came through and the higher I was climbing out of the valley the warmer it was getting. Also the higher / more exposed open moor crossing the headwind was a killer as ever. On the plus side I had the sun on my back, not a sole in sight and the line was mainly dry / fast going under tyre. It was a quick drink at the top then I spun around and headed back again. Again when I got to Lanchester the temperature dropped and it was like riding in a fridge. There was quite a few other people out n about around Lanchester / Langley Park. All in 40 miles on the nose in 2hrs 57 min with 1600ft of climbing. 
Below are a few snaps from the ride and a short video clip at the bottom, enjoy and hopefully more soon-  























No comments:

Post a Comment