6 November 2021

Local road loop - Durham Villages route inc loop over to Hetton

 


After yesterdays early morning disastrous ride I was more prepared for todays ride. I looked out all my kit last night, prepared the bike and my winter clothing. I also found my new Exposure Sirius light and gave it a charge then fitted it to the handlebars. Sunrise was 7.20am so I was out just before that but due to the cloud / overcast skies there was no sunrise today but the sun did try and come through at one point when I was just outside Ludworth but it did not make it! It was really warm as well with the Garmin reading around 8 degrees then when day light did eventually come through the temperature dropped and the wind picked up. I try and stick to back roads, country lanes and quieter roads but the traffic this morning was busy and some were flying and I mean flying. I seen a few other roadies out n about clocking the miles in whilst it stops dry as heavy rain forecasted after 1pm again today. It was tough going coming back in as I had a headwind all the way.
All in just under 37 miles in 2hrs 18mins with an ave speed of 15.9mph with 2600ft of climbing.  Below are a few miserable, cloudy snaps from the ride. Enjoy and hopefully more soon - 











No comments:

Post a Comment