24 November 2021

Cold but enjoyable local loop in the opposite direction to normal

 


Apologies for the lack of blogs the last week but I have not been out on the bike. The wife has caught a bad cold / flu then decided to pass it onto me. It has gone straight to my lungs and I feel awful. Lack of moral as well has played a part in not getting out but I got my booster vaccine today and the sun was out for an hour or so. I had my bike in the back on van so decided to go out for a very steady local loop but in the opposite direction to normal. It felt like a different ride as some some sections I have never ridden in a clockwise direction. It was only 17.5 miles with 1100ft of climbing with very little wind. The temperature has dropped here in Co Durham was hovering around 2 to 4 degrees for the whole ride and the puddles had a layer of ice on them. The old railway lines are still running good with not too much mud on them. There was plenty others out n about enjoying the dry weather. Below are a few snaps from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon- 












No comments:

Post a Comment