8 March 2023

Its cold up North - minus -8.5 degrees ride up to Hownsgill / Rowley n back

 


When I set off in the van this morning it was reading minus -6 degrees and there was no sunrise. I parked up at the Lambton Worm and drop on the old railway line / C2C towards Consett. With the wind chill factor the Garmin dropped to minus -8.5 degrees at one pint. I had loads of winter layers on so was not feeling the cold. My water bottle froze up within half an hour! The forecast was a sunrise and sunny from 6.40am but the sun was an hour late I was just outside Annfield Plain. On the plus side there was very few other users out on the line. Even with the sun out it did not warm up that much. I stopped quite a few times on the way up for some snaps as I did not plan on stopping on the way back down. Once I turned and returned started descending I had a freezing cold headwind. I was only a few miles away from the worm and there was a snow shower, see video clip at the bottom of the blog. All in 28.5 miles in 2hrs 7 mins with 1200ft of climbing. Enjoy the mix of freezing cold looking snaps and sunny warmer looking snaps below. Hopefully more soon but forecasted nearly 2 days of snow, wait and see. 

















































No comments:

Post a Comment