12 March 2023

Fresh Goods Sunday - Garmin Cadence Sensor 2

 

I have been using Garmin Cadence sensors for a long time now. I have them fitted to four of my bikes and are all paired with the head unit. The design of the sensor has only changed once over the years and this latest design has been going for a while. Fitting is really simple on the backside of your non drive crank arm with one of the rubber bands provided. The bands come in three different lengths to suit the size of your crank arm. I find it easier to fit the band with a hooked picked to get the ends of the bands around the four hooks of the sensor unit. I have had one band snap before in the past but I have some spares from the ones that I have not used. There is one battery fitted in the sensor which lasts me along time as I don't use the same bike for every ride. To swap the battery you have to remove the band and turn the sensor unit over and twist the cap on the back for access to the coin battery. I don't tend to look at the cadence reading on my head unit during the ride but when I upload to Garmin Connect I have a look to see if I was around my average. I am not a high spinner and tend to churn the gears now and then which by all accounts in the incorrect way to ride a bike correctly. The rrp has gone up over the years along with everything else and you don't tend to see Garmin accessories discounted much. 

RRP £34.99 and I paid £29.02 from Sigma Sports inc 48hr p&p - Discount 17% 

Manufacturers blurb - 

Monitor your pedalling cadence as you ride with this easy-to-install wireless sensor. With no magnets or other exposed parts to line up, this sensor is easy to install, maintain and move between bikes.

The Cadence Sensor 2 fastens to any size crank arm and measures pedal strokes per minute so you can get the most out of your training. ANT+® connectivity and Bluetooth® Low Energy technology let you send cadence data to our Garmin Connect online community and other training apps, compatible devices and fitness equipment for better data when you ride indoors and outdoors.










No comments:

Post a Comment