24 April 2022

Sunday morning local road ride to No Place, Pontop Pike & Burnhope inc The Peth climb

 


No riding yesterday as we had a drive through to the Bishop Auckland Food Festival. We went early and managed to get parked no problem and had a walk around the festival and then went for a cuppa and buttie. On the way back to the car we had a walk around the town before heading home. 
Today (Sunday) it was time to sling my leg over the saddle and go out for a local road ride. The sun was beating through the bedroom curtains early so dragged myself out of bed and jumped into my spring cycling kit. I was up and out just after 7am but it had clouded over slightly and was real nippy. The very strong NE wind has still not done one which made for parts of the ride real raw / hard going. The roads were all lovely and quiet which is half the battle. I had a rough route in my head but as ever that changes as the ride goes on. At the top of the climb from Witton Gilbert to Broom House Farm I stopped to take a photo but when I pulled away Stan's was squirting 6 ft in the air from my front tyre, I did the fast descent all the way down to Witton and it sealed after a while but had lost some air. It was time to cut the ride short so I headed back home with the hole unsealing and resealing a dozen times. By the time I got back the bike and myself was covered in the sticky stuff. 
All in just under 36 miles in 2 hours 29 minutes with 2900ft of climbing. Below are a few snaps from the ride and a couple of short video clips at the bottom, enjoy and hopefully more soon- 





































No comments:

Post a Comment