21 April 2022

Catch up on the Easter bank holiday weekend

 


Well that was probably the best weather we have had for a long time for a bank holiday weekend! On the Friday I went out for a 45 mile gravel ride. Saturday me, Jane & Arran had a day out down to Northallerton for a walk / look around. Sunday I washed and cleaned out Arrans car then swapped over 4no sets of car / van winter wheels to summer wheels. Monday I decided to fit some new front discs / brake pads to my van and also fitted new rear brake pads . I also gave all the brakes etc a good clean and greased everything up. Just needs the front tracking checking now and that's it. I also had to dropped Angus's van back off at Sherwoods Citroen Gateshead as they failed to fix the addblue problem the first time around so popped my road Creo in the back for a ride back. All was well apart from a Thompsons tipper wagon ran me off the road coming out of Low Fell. It was a fast 12 miles home averaging 17.5mph with only 500ft of climbing. 
Me and Jane also had a walk around Seaham and did some shopping. It was lovely and quiet and had a lovely cuppa from the ice cream café down at the dock. 
I also managed to get out on the bike today for a quick loop which was mainly gravel with a inter linking road section. The lines are still bone dry and dusty. Not many others out and there was a freezing cold Northerly headwind as well. All in just over 19 miles with an speed of 14mph with 900ft of climbing. Below are a few sunny and cloudy snaps. Enjoy and hopefully more soon- 












No comments:

Post a Comment