15 April 2022

Good Friday local longer gravel ride on Specialized Creo

 


Well the forecast was looking good for a bank holiday so last night I got my bike and kit ready for an early start before it got too busy and hot. I was out and on the saddle by 6.15am before sunrise but there was not really a sun rise as it was misty and overcast. The sun did eventually burn through and the temperature gradually rose from 4 degrees. The lines were lovely and quiet first thing and so were the couple of interlinking road sections. It was a combination of a couple of my regular loops with a extra leg at the end to get the distance up to the 45 mile mark. The sun was in and out for the whole ride and was rather warm by the time I finished - Garmin was reading 13 degrees and there was no wind. I fitted my spare battery for the ride and when I got home I checked on the app and it had 77% left so there would have been plenty on the main battery only. All in just over 45 miles in 3 hours 17 minutes with 2200ft of climbing. Enjoy the photos below and hopefully more soon- 










































No comments:

Post a Comment