19 April 2021

Sunny loop around Weardale / Tow Law area on the Synapse Neo

 


Felt rough yesterday and did not get out on the bike or out of bed until 11am which is not like me. I had a day booked off today and thought I might as well make the most of the sunshine. I put the Synapse Neo in the back of the van and drove through to Lanchester and parked up. I had a rough route planned, around 45 miles with 4500ft of climbing. I headed off out of Lanchester the back way and up to the A68, crossed over then up the never ending climb to Parkhead. I was going to turn right and drop down to Edmudbuyers and along to Blanchland but my legs were not feeling it so dropped down to Stanhope. I then took the back lane to Frosterley then onto Wolsingham to turn left and head off towards Tow Law. I then just made up the rest of the loop as I cycled along enjoying the sun and heat. The wind had died down when I lost the height. By the time I got back I had done just under 38 miles in 2hrs 45min and climbed 3500ft. Below are a few sunny snaps from the ride inc the route map and a short video clip from Weardale, enjoy and hopefully more soon-  





















No comments:

Post a Comment