10 April 2021

Saturday morning - Local Durham Villages Road Loop

 


Yet again I woke up to a heavy overnight frost and the sun shinning away. I jumped into my cycling kit and hopped onto the bike for my local Durham villages loop. The roads were quiet the other day but it was like a race track this morning on some roads. Everybody seemed to be in rush to get some where. Within 3 miles of leaving home I was skimmed by BMW Mini on at three car wide road with no other vehicles in sight and her wing mirror was within 3" inches of my bars, scary to say the least! Anyway there was no more close passes just cars pulling out in front of me which is the usual. I had plenty of layers on to compensate for the minus 4.4 degrees temperature. I had a tailwind on the way out and a slight headwind on the way back in.  All in 31.5 miles in 2hrs 1min, ave 15.5mph and climbed 2000ft. Below are a few snaps from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon- 



 














No comments:

Post a Comment