23 April 2021

A lovely 45 mile local road loop in the sun.

 


Yet again another overnight frost and it was minus -2 degrees when I set off from the Stonebridge this morning. The sun was blazing away from around 6.15am and was sunny for the whole ride. Instead of talking through the route I have posted a photo of the route at the bottom of this blog. Unless you are local and know the roads / back country lanes you will struggle to follow it. I took my new Creo out with the extender battery as I knew I was going to need it! I had a rough route planned but as ever with me it was changed quite a few times as I was riding along enjoying the scenery. The roads were a lot quieter today but still got skimmed by two cars passing far too close. By the time I got back to the Stonebridge the temperature had shot up to nearly 15 degrees, crazy. Here are some stats from the loop- 45 miles, ave 14.3mph, climbed 4300ft, 10500 pedal strokes, ave 73rpm cadence, max speed only 40mph as I was bedding in some new disc brake pads. Below are some sunny snaps from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon- 



























No comments:

Post a Comment