25 April 2021

Fresh Goods Sunday - Panaracer Gravel King TLC 700c x 32 Black/ Tan wall

 




Following from last weeks Fresh Goods Sunday DT Swiss wheel bling I thought I would follow on with the tyres that are now fitted to the wheelset. I did have a pair of Specialized Roubaix Pro 2Bliss tyres fitted to my previous road wheelset ready to swap over but I had major problems with air leakage from the sidewalls on both tyres. Evans Cycles where I purchased them from swapped them for another pair but they were the same using Stans so they tried the tyres with a different tubeless sealant but that did not work either. In the end they did a free swap for these Panaracer GravelKings. I have used this exact model before but in a narrower width years ago on my old Norco Search carbon. I never had any problems with them but I was running them with tubes. These aired up and seated first time with no problems. They were not overly tight or slack on the rims. They come in a huge range of widths, diameters and side wall colours, see chart below. Panaracer have also took out newer / different /equivalent models now as well. The tread pattern is ideal for me as I did not want anything 100% road race style and nothing 100% off road gravel. The state of the roads around Co Durham are not exactly race track smooth tarmac to start with. It also means I can drop on some sections of smoother old railway lines sections if I want when out on a ride to mix it up a little. They hold air well and don't drop much over time. They run smooth on smoother sections of tarmac when the psi is high, max 95psi. I could not even think about running a narrower tyre now to be honest unless it was on a pure aero/race rig. 
Shop around PBK were selling them for £28.99 without there normal 10-13% discount voucher codes, so should work out at just over £25 per tyre. 
RRP £44.99 each and I paid £0.00 from Evans Cycles

Manufacturers blurb -  








No comments:

Post a Comment