21 March 2021

Another local road loop around Hedley Hill & Burnhope areas

 


Todays road loop was a slightly different one taking in some country lanes that I have not ridden for quite a few years and not ridden at all. I not 100% what the area is called by I know its set on a steep hillside to the left of the A167 looking north! I rode over to Stanley then took some back lanes around Hedley Hill, Brickland Lane, Old Ravensworth Lamsley etc, a photo of the route is at the bottom of the blog. The return leg was a great mix of my normal roads around Pelton, Burnopfield, Waldridge areas. The roads were lovely and quite as I set of before 7am! It was cloudy & overcast but the sun come through when I was climbing towards Burnhope. First time in a long time there was no wind, what a difference it makes! Below are a few snaps from the 40.25m loop taking in 3300ft of climbing in 2hrs 45 mins with an ave speed of 14.6mph. I had my extender battery on and had 58% left from the 150%. 
Enjoy and hopefully more soon- 






















No comments:

Post a Comment