3 March 2021

A local loop down to Durham n back on a freezing cold Spring morning

 


What a miserable start to Spring here in County Durham. I was listening to the weather on the tv early this morning and we are going to peak at 2 degrees today whilst looking out the window at minus -1 degrees and London is going to reach 13 to 14 degrees today! Oh well not too worry I would not want to get too hot and sweaty out on the bike anyway lol. Todays ride was a short 15 mile loop down to Durham / Maiden Castle / The Trod and back home via the Frankland / The Sands. There was hardly any locals out and about at 7am but there was loads of students out running. I have never seen so many. Anyway the trails have started to dry up a little and just soft mud now with hard packed lines forming through the wooded sections. The temperature never got above minus -0.4 degrees for the whole ride. I was ok as I had plenty of layers on my top half but my legs and thighs were starting to burn with cold when I got back home. 
Below are a few misty, cloudy, overcast and cold photos, enjoy and hopefully more soon- 













No comments:

Post a Comment