15 March 2021

A very busy, muddy, windy & sunny local loop around Durham area


Todays ride was a local loop in and around Durham City centre in some lovely sunshine. Because the weather was so nice I tried a couple of trails that I have not ridden for a while. I headed off around the riverside to Keiper woods. This has always been a muddy, stop / start short  route but a different way to end up at Gilesgate. Nothing has changed it is still muddy, massive trees roots, off chamber etc. This was probably the quietest part of my route today. I have never seen so many people out and about for a very long time. If fact it was just plain crazy in places with groups of people stopping and talking to other groups in the middle of the trail. Dogs and kids running wild all over the place and runners weaving across the tracks. Not too worry as they say, still managed to get in nearly 17 miles but I was pleased to get home and get the door shut! oh and the wind has still not done one, massive headwind all the way back home. Below are a few snaps from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon- 

















No comments:

Post a Comment