9 March 2021

A short road loop - country lanes around the Tow Law area

 


Well no rain today so I decided to have a spin out on the new bike during my early dinner hour when I was up at Tow Law. It was overcast, cloudy and really dark when I set off. Not to mention the wind turbines were spinning away like crazy. I did a loop around Thornley, a small village on the other side of Tow Law before heading out for a loop on mainly back roads / lanes. There was very little traffic and hardly seen a sole for the whole 16 miles. The sun even came out for around 5 minutes and the Garmin temperature shot up to 9.9 degrees, hottest I have been for a very long time. The roads are still in a bad way with loads of gravel, mud, salt, pot holes, you name it. I tested out the power on the new bike - 16% incline and I had no problems in Turbo mode. Below are a few snaps from the hilly loop - 1800ft of climbing, enjoy and hopefully more soon but the forecast is for nearly two days of solid rain and 40 to 50mph winds! 














No comments:

Post a Comment