28 February 2021

The suns out and so was everybody else! Spin up to the Toon / Consett n back.

 


I checked the forecast yesterday for today (Sunday) and it was looking good again so I charged the bike up this time and I had it ready for the route that I was going to do yesterday. I parked up at South Pelaw and dropped straight onto the old railway down to the A167 road. From there I had a cold ride up to Gateshead / Newcastle passing the Angel of the North. I took some photos then headed along the cycle route to the Metro Centre. Once you cross the little white bridge I swing left and then its the long drag all the way up to Consett. The roads / tracks were lovely and quiet early on but by the time I reached Consett things were starting to get real busy. Again a few photos of the truck then left and all the way back down to South Pelaw. This stretch was very busy indeed and could not build up much speed for any long durations on the downhill. All in just over 39 miles in 2hrs 52mins and climbed 1400ft. Below are a few sunny snaps from the ride, enjoy and more soon, hopefully- 
















































No comments:

Post a Comment