10 February 2021

Snowy ride on the Salsa Beargrease Fat Bike & Specialized seat clamps have landed

 


Woke up to another 3+ inches of snow that must have landed through the night. I cleared the cars / drive etc at 6am and by the time I got finished there was another inch had fallen. The roads were shocking this morning to say the least. The sun then got out so I decided to go for a ride on the Salsa Carbon Beargrease fat bike. Two minutes into the ride and the heavens opened yet again. By the time I was into Durham it had eased. There was very little snow overnight in Durham city centre so the tracks were easier going. I did a loop of the river banks / over to Maiden Castle and back. I took some lovely sunny snaps at Low Shincliffe but again it went very dark and dropped to minus -4 degrees on the Garmin and by the time I was coming past the sewage works it was a complete white out nearly all the way back up the hills. My little legs were getting tired by the time i got back home, all in just over 10 miles in 1hr 17 mins, 500ft of climbing, slow but very enjoyable! 





















and a short video clip on the way back home - 


and the seat clamps have landed 




No comments:

Post a Comment