14 February 2021

Fresh Goods Sunday - Specialized Seat Clamp 30.8mm S194700002 (Creo SL)

 


If you have followed my blog over the last month you will know I went out for a ride along the old railway line from Broompark towards Stanley Crook. 1.5 miles into the ride there was a loud snapping / ping noise and my saddle had come loose. So I pulled over to one side and discovered the seat clamp had snapped so that was the end of my ride. It felt like a long way back riding out of the saddle in minus -4 degrees! I tried several local Specialized dealers and no one had any in stock. So I contacted Specialized Harrogate who found the correct part number so I ordered two but they had to come from Specialized UK as Harrogate did not have any stock either. They said it should arrive within 5 days but that turned into 10 days! Just as well I was not is a rush and that was the only bike I owned. 
Anyway I have now fitted the replacement seat clamp and I have a spare just in case it snaps again. The recommended toque that is stamped on the collar is 6.2nm. Alan from Bike Scene said it was a common fault and they always snap in the same place. The seat clamp is very light and the band is very thin. Once I did some researched it is listed on the Specialized spare parts support centre website as KCNC so that will explain that. The bike is back up and running, just waiting for the snow to disappear more before it is back out on the trails again. 
Parts WEBSITE
General page WEBSITE

RRP £15 and I paid £15 each plus £3.99 p&p 2nd class recorded. 

Manufacturers Blurb - 

  • Compatible with :
  • Diverge 2017 - 2021;
  • Chisel 2018 - 2020;
  • Tarmac comp 2020;
  • Turbo creo 2020;

STC KCNC, SPL-SC02-308, EXTRUDED, 7075-T6, 30.8 MM, STAINLESS STEEL (18-8), BOLT CLAMP TYPE 14g, 30.8mm
Models with dropper seat post














No comments:

Post a Comment