27 February 2021

Local 30 mile mainly gravel loop in the sun and frost.

 


What a awful week it has been, nearly rained for 3-4 days then the sun finally came out yesterday (Friday). I have never stopped all week with one thing or another and was desperate to get out for a ride. If I plan to go out early on a morning I normally prep the bike / kit the night before but I was that lazy and tired on Friday night I did not bother. Well that came back to bit me on the arse this morning. I looked the bike out, I had washed, degreased, dried and oiled it last Sunday so just checked the tyre pressures. I put it in the back of the van as I was planning a longer route from Birtley area. Half way there I thought to myself did I charge it up last Sunday. Pulled over and it had 28% left, no good for what I had planned so had to come back home, put it on charge and found the extender battery. After reading the cycling article in BASE Magazine that landed on Friday I checked the % and was 94% with the extender. By now I had route B planned and off I set from Meadowfield in the sun. 
Most of the frost had lifted by now which made several sections of the lines like black cold soup. The sun must have brought ever Tom, Dick and Harry out. Every where I went it was very busy and I must have worn my bell out by the time I got back. The route was a simple one- Meadowfield, Brawns Den, Honest Lawyer, Croxdale, Tudhoe Village, Spenny, Bishop, Willington, Crook, Sunnyside, Waterhouse, Esh Winning, Ushaw Moor, Broompark, Meadowfield. Just under 30 miles in 2hours 16mins with only 1600ft of climbing. Below are some sunny snaps, enjoy and hopefully more soon- 





















No comments:

Post a Comment