21 February 2021

A slightly different Durham Villages Road Loop in the sun and wind.

 


Suns out = bike out = miles in. Yes after a rather damp, overcast but warmish Saturday today (Sunday) was fantastic. Still a strong wind in places making it hard going but where I had a tail wind with the deep section DT SWISS wheels on the Creo were flying along. I had a rough nights sleep and did not feel like going far so headed off on my Durham road villages loop but by the time I reached the Cock of he North I decided to do a slightly different outward leg taking in the Honest Lawyer, Spenny, Hett, Metal Bridge then picked up my normal route at the crossroads in Coxhoe. I also put in the extra loop from High Pittington over to South Hetton, Hetton Le Hole, over Moorsley  bank to drop back onto the route at Low Pittington. All in I covered just under 39 miles 2hrs 28mins with 2350ft of climbing. 
Below are a few snaps from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon, well not tomorrow as the forecast is lashing down all day! 


More on these wheels soon in Fresh Goods Sunday 
















No comments:

Post a Comment