13 February 2021

Specialized Turbo Road Remote (s) blips 98921-5710 for the Creo SL

 


The Specialized blips (Turbo Road Remote) as I call them landed on Thursday, less than 48 hours from the time I ordered them. I think they were on 24hr but due to the bad weather they were delayed by a day. You get a control box, 2no blips and an instruction manual in the box. I have read the instructions that come in the box and I am not a 100% sure if you plug them into the spare cable with the blanking plug coming out of the top tube box or unplug the cable that is connected which goes down to the motor? I tried the spare cable after removing the bung and both blips work. The best thing about the blips, they solve the issue which I hate the most about the Spec Creo you can now go up in power one step at a time and you can come down the power one step at time with the opposite blip instead going around in a full circle which was madness, just like my Bosch motors. The other advantage is you don't have to take your right hand off the handlebars to change the power on the top tube. 
The next part I don't understand is they say feed both cables through the right port in the frame but I have the dropper post cable and brake hose = no extra room for another two cables. I am not using the dropper so might have to pull this out to make room. I will have a better look when I find some spare time. The other thing is where I am going to position the blips on the handlebars. I might tape them on temporary and do a few rides before making my final decision before stripping the bar tape back and cutting it around the blips. 






No comments:

Post a Comment