5 January 2020

Local Sunday Morning Road loop - up and around Tow Law


After a poor nights sleep and getting up early I feel a sleep again on the couch! so I was not up and out until 8.10am. Daylight was just starting to break through and there was no overnight frost / ice but there was plenty of wind! The forecast was dry and overcast but I had some sun and a couple of light rain showers. I also had a massive headwind nearly all the way out but this meant I had a tail wind coming back in! The roads were pretty quiet going out as I was mainly on back roads / country lanes. Once I dropped down to Crook from Billy Row the A690 was busy and the cars are always fast passing you coming out of Willington towards Brancepth Village even though the road is lovely and wide some still skim you. Another very fast stretch is out of Brancepth towards Meadowfield. The A167 was also busy from Nevilles Cross to Pity Me roundabout, I was pleased to turn off it and head onto the last road home. The bike was spot n but my heart rate monitor strap started playing up and was reading very low but readjusted it and it was working again.
All in 32 miles, 2 hours 8 min moving time and 2200ft of climbing. Below are a few snaps but the camera was playing up and the battery light was flashing low even though I had charged it up. Might be time for a new battery. There is also a short video clip at the bottom. Enjoy and hopefully more soon -


















 


No comments:

Post a Comment