5 January 2020

Fresh Goods Sunday - Specialized Roubaix Pro 2Bliss Ready 700 x 30/32c tyre


Well most of you know that I have had very bad luck with tyres on my Cannondale Synapse Neo 1 bike. The original WTB tyres and there replacements did not last long. So I moved onto Maxxis, signs were looking good but the rear soon became faulty and bleebed and started leaking sealant. I still have a Maxxis on the front but I am now onto my third manufacturer - Specialized. I picked these tyres up from Evans Cycles - Durham store. They had an offer on, buy a pair of full priced tyres and get 10% off and free fitting. I was not that bothered about fitting but they chucked in free sealant so could not refuse! I now have the Roubaix Pro 2Bliss on the rear wheel on the Synapse Neo. It does not leak air as much as the other two manufacturers and only needs topping up now and then. There are no signs of any sealant leakage at the mo. The tread pattern is more road orientated than gravel. There is a smooth strip in the middle then cross pattern on the outsides. It rolls well on the road but have not took it on my old railway lines much. There seems to plenty grip on the straights and cornering. I have had the tyre out on wet and icy roads and had no twitches on the back end. Time will tell if lasts longer than the others but I have a spare just in case! It is no lightweight weighing in at 372/373g (claimed 375g). I cannot comment on how tight or slack the tyre was for fitting onto the Vision rim as the lad from Evans fitted it and I have had no reason to remove the tyre yet.

RRP £31 and I paid £26.97 or £53.93 (pair) inc free tubeless fitting.

Manufacturers blurb - The Roubaix Pro 2Bliss Ready is an endurance road tire that's well suited for smooth and rough roads alike. That's because it's fast like any competitive road tire, only it features a unique Endurant casing with bead-to-bead puncture protection and increased sidewall stability. The casing smooths your ride and keeps you fresh, while the tread handles responsively. Add to this the lower pressures and natural pinch-flat protection that tubeless setups provide, and you'll be hammering through corners confidently in no time.
  • Casing: 120 TPI
  • Bead: Foldable
  • Butyl wrapped bead = 2Bliss Ready
  • Compound: GRIPTON®
  • Flat Protection: Endurant Casing and BlackBelt
  • 700 x 30mm/32mm, psi 45-90, approximate weight 375g *** Should only be used on Crotchet Type Rims (hooked), and not Straight-Side Type Rims (hookless). ***
  •  
     













    

    No comments:

    Post a Comment