19 January 2020

Fresh Goods Sunday - Specialized Turbo Creo SL Comp Carbon EVO

Well after nearly 4 weeks of placing an order with Evans Cycles for another Cannondale Synapse Neo 1 2019 bike I have ended up with a Specialized Turbo Creo SL Comp Carbon EVO 2020 bike instead! It is only the second time I have had any problems with Evans. First time it was sorted within days but not this time. If it was not for me chasing head office and a friend who I have known for over 30 years who works for Evans I don't think I would have been sorted by now.
They did offer me a Trek Domane + LT 2020 so I went up to Team Cycles to take a look as they had one in stock but I was not keen on the Fazua Evation motor / battery system. There is no external charging port so you have to take out the battery to charge it. There is limited range with no option for a extender battery. I was also told you have to take the battery out to turn it on before you go for a ride. The frameset looked spot and Evans was going to do it for £3.4k instead of £4.9k!
So I ended up going for the Creo instead, I was looking at the road version but there is no stock in the uk at the mo and they did not have a confirmed delivery date. My replacement bike was ordered and it landed at Evans Durham on Thursday's delivery and was built up on Friday. I took it out for a test ride up the Peth from Lanchester and around Burnhope area. I returned to branch and paid the remaining balance on top of the £3.4k that Evans had for a month! I did not have time yesterday to get out and about on it and returned it to the Durham store today as the dropper seat post has been cabled back to front. Hopefully they will get that sorted tomorrow and I can fit my bottle cages etc etc and get out and give a spin this week at some point.
Defo more soon, enjoy and get out / spin those pedals.











No comments:

Post a Comment