11 January 2020

Blinded by the dark, wind and rain this morning - Cube Reaction E mtb loop down to Durham n back

Catch up first - Thursday was a horrible wet and windy day but I manged a 2+ hour hike which was not very enjoyable and rather wet. Yesterday, Friday was a much better day with the sun out again but I was travelling the county most of the day and by the time I was finished I was shattered so no exercise. Last night I looked out my Hunt 650b wheelset for the Dale Synapse Neo bike, pumped up the tyres got everything ready to swap them onto the bike then finally realised I have fitted my 700c mudguards, doh. So I put everything back away again and looked out Angus's Cube E mtb. Put in on charge, pumped up the tyres, gave the drivetrain a lube up. I also looked out my Lupine Betty light ready for a dark mtb session.
This morning the forecast was dry, warm and very windy. Well in was certainly windy, 45 mph gusts, it was warm but there was also driving rain! I dropped down to Durham and did a loop around the riverside then over to Maiden Castle and did a loop around there before heading back via the dog kennel / sands loop. There was only a couple other mad people out and about. The tracks were wet and muddy from all the rain on Thursday and by the time I got back the bike and myself were covered even though most of the route is on gravel or tarmac tracks! Below are a few poor quality pics. The camera does not like the dark unless to are totally stationary and not too far away. I have tried to upload a video clip at the bottom but don't think it has worked.
Anyway hopefully more soon, enjoy -












 


No comments:

Post a Comment