29 January 2020

Another local gravel out n back spin on the Specialized Creo SL E Bike

I have had another spin out on the new bike to see how its bedding in. I changed the setting on the Mission Control App for the Eco setting down to 50% power. I have also managed to get the battery percentage to read on the Garmin using the spare power ant+ channel. So now I have the percentage of battery left and the blue light bars on the top tube.
Back to the ride, I set off from the Lambton Worm on the C2C old railway line and headed up hill to Hownsgill viaduct. I had a steady headwind nearly all the way up but the line was mainly dry and mud free. On the viaduct the battery was reading 73% left (used 23%) and 8 bars after 13.75 miles . I only used eco the whole way up. On the way back it was the same route and finished doing 27.5 miles with 64% left (used 9% on return left, nearly all downhill!) battery left and 7 bars. Again I never turned it off and was in eco all the way back down. I think I will drop the power down again to maybe 45 or 40% the next time I have the app fired up on the ipad when I am near the bike. As for the ride well in was cold, around 1.5 degrees on the way up and around 3 degrees coming back down. There was patches of frost and ice on the track. The line was also very busy with other users - cyclists, walkers, dog walkers, runners, horses, children - you name it!
Below are a few snaps and a video clip, enjoy and hopefully more soon -












































 


No comments:

Post a Comment