1 January 2019

New Years Day - Half Marathon 13.1 mile Hike

Last night I had a look back at my Garmin log for the longest walks we have done. Back in 2016 me and Jane did a half marathon walk. Today me and Angus were up early and decided to go for a local hike. We waited for Jane and off we set. The sun soon came out and was quite warm in the sheltered sections out of the wind. It was a local route taking in many paths / tracks that we have ridden, walked or ran before. After 7 miles Jane turned off and headed home and me and Angus kept going. We had only intended to do 10 miles but we were soon at 11 miles and kept going. In the end we managed the full 13.1 miles but we had sore'ish feet and lower legs. It took us 4 hours 7 mins and burnt over 3300 calories, more than the Chinese takeaway I had on New Years Eve! A good start to year, long may it continue. Below are a few snaps, enjoy and hopefully more soon -















No comments:

Post a Comment