7 April 2019

Fresh Goods Sunday - Weldtite Tublesss Repair Kit


Whilst I was checking over the two Cube E Mtbs I noticed that the back tyre on the black one was down. I thought it might have been leaking air from the valve but it was a nail in the tyre. Time to do some plugging! I needed to get it fixed sharpish so nipped over to Evans for a Weldtite Tubeless repair kit - external use. The kit contains all the tools / materials required. You get 5no plugs but you can buy them separate so you don't have to buy the full kit every time. The instructions and nice and simple -
Remove nail
Apply glue to reamer and ream out hole in tyre.
Pull the plug through threading tool - tight as hell and very sticky. I used some pliers in the end.
Apply glue to all edges of the plug.
Push plugging tool with plug on through the hole in the tyre so there is approx 1/2 the length of the plug ends sticking out. I found this to be hardest part but got there in the end.
Pull plugging tool out gently so to leave plug in tyre.
Trim off excess plugs ends and dispose.
I left it for 5 mins before putting some air in. After 10 mins I finished blowing up the tyre to the correct psi. No air leaks at the mo. Fingers crossed the plug holds.
RRP £6.99 and I paid £6.99.Merlins do them for £5.99
Manufacturers Blurb -









Bikes sorted and ready to rock n roll





No comments:

Post a Comment