16 April 2019

Sunday morning local 49.5 mile gravel / tarmac loop on the Neo

Yesterday we had a spin through to Bishop early doors to go to Morrisons for some shopping, fuel then down to the town for more shopping and the food festival. We bought some goodies then called in past The House of Smudge to have a look at his new paintings. Once back home it was wash and fix bike time and gut the van out. 12 hours later I sat down!
Today it was bike time, I was up and out by 7.15am and it was minus -1.5 degrees by the time I reached Chester Le Street riverside. From there I headed up to Birtley to pick up the old railway line to Consett. It was over cast with a freezing cold wind. Once at the junction I decided to keep going up towards the Waskerley Café. I bumped into Jim College and his brother on the bikes so had a canny spin up the Waskerley having a chat about old times. I turned off at the last carpark to turn onto the road. From there I had a massive headwind all the way back home and the sun clouded over again. I followed the country back lanes to Lanchester and picked up the old railway line to Baxters Farm then back home. All in the Garmin stats - 49.5 miles, 3hrs 30 mins, ave 14.1mph and climbed 2800ft.
Below are some snaps from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon -














































No comments:

Post a Comment