1 April 2019

Mixed gravel / tarmac loop inc the Derwent Walk & Keelmans Way on the Neo E Bike

No biking over the weekend, painting and lifting carpets / underlay! Still loads of jobs to do today but there was a heavy overnight frost and the sun was out so that means me and the bike was out. The forecast is rain for the next three days so plenty time to finish off the in door house jobs then.
Todays route was again a mix of old railway line tracks and tarmac. I set off I picked up the old railway line at Baxters farm up to Consett. It was lovely and quiet, cold but the sun was out. I noticed that I forgot to take my water bottle and could not be bothered to head home so called in past Cooplands the bakers at Lanchester for a small bottle of water - £1.19, that is just unreal. The lady that severed me needs to go back the school of manners as well, shouting is that it, is that all you want. Not too worry I will not be going in there again for a long time. At the Consett junction I headed for Shotley Bridge to pick up the C2C to Tynemouth route. It is nearly all down hill all the way on the Derwent Walk to river Tyne / Metro Centre and I had a big tailwind. It is not very scenic but there is no traffic. Once at he Metro I turned right and picked up the Keelmans Way along the riverside to the Baltic. Stopped for a few sunny snaps then onto the A167 towards home via Low Fell, Birtley, Chester LE Street - where I ordered the new carpet from A & S Carpets and some new vertical slats for the bedroom blind from Flair blinds. Then onto the cycle lane out of CLS back home. I had a massive headwind all the way from Gateshead home and the sun went = temperature dropped and it was freezing. All in 46 miles, 3hrs 15 mins, ave 14mph and climbed just under 2000ft.
Below are a few snaps from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon, if the rain keeps away!

































































No comments:

Post a Comment