10 September 2023

Third shake down ride on the Trek Marlin+ 8 & Santa walking around the Palace Green

 


After a disturbed nights sleep with the heat I was not feeling up to a longer ride today so I decided to drag the new Trek Marlin+ 8 back out again for its third shake down ride. I charged it back again yesterday when I got back in but all my other Bosch chargers don't fit as they have charged the end where it plugs into the bike. They have called the new charger a Smart charger. On the downside it is a 2amh charger so takes ages but I just leave it overnight. Shame as I have a 6amp fast charger with the old end on. Bosch don't do a 6amh fast charger in the Smart model yet, max is 4amp. 
Back to todays ride I did a different leg on the way out via New College, Whitesmocks, Baxsters Farm, back of Nevilles Cross, Crem then into Houghall woods for a play. Someone has cut back the top track which is singletrack and technical and fully rideable now. From there is was the same route back home via Maiden Castle, The Trod, back around Durham, Frankland and The Sands. Again there was loads of other people out and about so was very stop / start going. I even seen Santa walking around the Palace Green heading towards the cathedral. The bike is rolling well and had no problems today. The brakes are working a lot better now and should get better with more miles on them. My new disc rotors have landed so will fit them when I get a mo. I might swap the flat carbon bars for some carbon riser bars. Below are a few snaps from the ride, all in 19.2 miles in 1hr 45 min with just under 1300ft of climbing. Enjoy and hopefully more soon in a Fresh Goods Sunday @ 4pm. 
















Its not every day you see Santa in September walking around Durham! 





No comments:

Post a Comment