22 September 2023

Back out on Co Durham's old Railway Lines and a catch up

 


I am back out again for a steady spin on one of my regular loops. I have not been out for a while so just working my way back in to the miles on County Durhams old railway lines. I forgot they were resurfacing the line out of Bishop towards Spennymoor. They have officially closed the stretch now Mon - Fri and a diversion is in place. The only problem with the diversion is its on the main road out of Bishop and is a very fast road! I took to the footpath but its less than a foot wide.  They said they should be finished by next Friday so should be back to normal after that. The rest of the route was as normal with the singletrack sections wet and muddy with all the rain storms we have had over the last few days. I forgot my Garmin and camera so had to take a few photos on my works phone! The weather was playing ball with the odd sunny spell, not too windy for a change and also dry for a change. I am hoping to get back into the swing of things again and post more Blogs again, enjoy and hopefully more soon- 









We had a day out down Harrogate last Sunday as Arran wanted to got to the Flooring Show at the Conference Centre so I sent Jane over to WH Smiths to buy the latest copy Cyclist magazine. The show was massive and very busy. Loads of stands there and we had a great day out. We also had a look around Specilized but they did not have a lot of stock in and most bikes were in the sale. I think the crunch is starting to really bite the manufacturers / retailers now. We also had a quick look around Chevin Cycles on the way back, they have have a great mix of all types of bike, accessories and clothing. 




No comments:

Post a Comment