14 September 2023

Problems with the Trek Marlin+ e hardtail mtb

 


I have not had any spare time so far this week as Angus is having his drive re done around his house so that means all my spare time sorting out problems etc around there. 
Also after I fitted the new disc rotors, more on these further down in the blog, on Sunday the Bosch Purion 200 display would turn on then turn off straight away, ie you could not use the bike with the motor. 
After a discussion with Bosch and some reading on the Bosch website the main battery in the downtube powers the display not a separate battery in the head unit. Bosch said back to a dealer to plug into their diagnosis programme to see if any error codes come up. After some thought and head scratching I said to myself it must be something simple. There is one cable that comes from the head unit and down to either the battery or motor or a junction box. So if there was no power going to head unit then either the cable has been damaged or has come out of the connection at one end. As I was checking the cable that was visible from the head unit into the frame I noticed that the cable end was loose and not pushed all the way into the head unit. After some fiddling I managed to get the cable back in and pushed it right home this time, guess what the Purion is working again! 
Today I managed a short / quick 9 miler to see if the Purion was still working 100% and if the new disc rotors had improved the braking. Well both are working spot on. Below are a couple of snaps from the ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon - 






With me swapping the suspension forks over to the Fox ones that I removed from my Procaliber the streerer tube is a little too short for the head tube on the Marlin+ so I bought a Ragley stem with a stack height of 35mm instead of the usual 40-41mm, so that gave me an extra 6mm streerer tube height. The other option is to change the top headset to a Cane Creek slammed instead of the FSA to give 6mm gain on the streerer but EXTRA UK don't have any stock until November. I am not getting a new steerer fitted! 



I ordered a new pair of Shimano disc rotors on Saturday afternoon from Wiggle and they arrived Sunday morning, unreal and I opted for the free postage option , not 24 hour. I swapped over the rotors, simple enough job and the XT rotors have massively improved the braking performance so looks like the original brakes are stopping on the bike for the time being. 


No comments:

Post a Comment