27 July 2022

A sunny & cloudy but very windy spin up and down to coast to South Shields from Sunderland

 


I was over in Sunderland today and had my bike with me so thought it would be a good idea to have a quick spin up and back down the coast. The last time I washed my bike I swapped the 650b wheels over to my 700c version. I have not used them since buying my 650b wheelset. The sun was shinning when I set and nearly lasted all the way to South Shields including a massive tailwind. There was quiet a few others out enjoying the summer holidays so it was slow going in places. At Shields I turned and come back via the coast road with a 20+mph headwind. It had clouded over and the temperature had dropped. Just as well I had my gilet on it was fresh to say the least! Below are a few snaps from the 18 mile ride. There was not mush climbing, just under 500ft, enjoy and hopefully more soon - 





















No comments:

Post a Comment