5 January 2022

Some Fresh Goodies - Specialized Carbon Hover bars, Lightweight Waterbottle, Cannondale Bartape & Exposure bracket


Well I decided to treat myself to some new bling for the bikes, well my road Creo really. First up I swapped over the main bottle cage to my Lightweight one from my Cannondale Supersix Black Inc that I don't use anymore. This cage takes a slighter bigger bottle and I had 2no x 500ml ones but nt a 750ml version. 
 

If you follow my blog I swapped the alloy hover bars on my first Creo for the carbon version and felt they were much more comfortable on road and gravel. So I have been waiting for the 42cm version to come in to stock and with some discount off and here they are. 


I cannot fit the Exposure bracket yet as I am waiting for the Specialized stem mount kit. 


Time to try some new Cannondale bar tape and in red to brighten the bike up. If it is as good as the old Synapse tape that I fitted to all my other bikes I will be well impressed. 


Below is the Specialized stem mounting kit I am waiting for to arrive before I can mount the bracket to the stem faceplate, them mount my Garmin & Exposure light underneath. Hopefully it might arrive at the weekend or early next week. 


I have now fitted the new handlebars and tape - 

Stripping the old bars down

Ready to swap over the bars

Sti's etc all fitted and cables taped up ready for the new bar tape 

New bar tape is easy to fit and has just the right amount of stretch. 

I will wait until the stem mounting kit arrives before making final adjustment's to hoods / bar tape etc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment